This exam is a standard Red Hat Certificate of Expertise. The value if this exam is 600 EURO
The performance-based Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Ansible Automation exam (EX407) tests your ability to use Ansible to automate the configuration of systems and applications.
By passing this exam, you earn a Red Hat Certificate of Expertise that also counts towards earning a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA®).
This exam is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.
Red Hat encourages all candidates for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Ansible Automation exam to consider taking the Cloud Automation with Ansible course (DO407). Attendance in this class is not required to take the exam.
While attending Red Hat classes can be an important part of one's preparation to take this exam, attending class does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
Many books and other resources on system administration for Red Hat's products are available. Red Hat does not officially endorse any as preparation guides for its exams. Nevertheless, you may find additional reading deepens understanding and can prove helpful.
Audience for this exam
The following audiences may be interested in earning the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Ansible Automation:
- System administrators who need to manage large numbers of systems
- System administrators who work in a DevOps environment and who wish to automate a large part of their day-to-day workload
- Developers who have some basic systems administration background and who wish to incorporate automation into their development process
- A Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) interested in earning a Red Hat Certificate of Expertise or RHCA credential.
For exam details and the target audience and prerequisites, check our training page.
Exam requirements and preparation:
Exam candidates should:
- Red Hat recommends that candidates for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Ansible Automation exam (EX407) have taken Automation with Ansible (DO407) or have equivalent experience working with Ansible to configure systems.
- Red Hat also recommends candidates have earned Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or higher or have equivalent systems administration experience.
In order to provide value to as many partners as possible, there is a maximum of one free seat per partner company. This limit will be removed on Fri June, 2nd. We will fill up empty seats with people from the waiting list and provide the rest on a "first-come-first-serve" basis.
Signing up for exams and not showing up is unfair behaviour to others who would like to attend as well. Therefore - when you sign up to an exam - you agree that we will charge you the full exam price if you don't give us notification that you can't participate at least 48hrs before the exam starts.
Please provide your cell phone number below, so that we can reach you during the summit. That will help us manage participation and free seats on a short notice basis.
The number of seats in this exam will be 20.